Stewarts Law today announces the further expansion of its leading divorce and family team with the appointment of Helen Ward who will join the firm as a Partner in November 2012 together with 6 members of her team (four solicitors and two support staff).
The divorce and family department at Stewarts Law, headed by Stephen Foster, is regarded as one of the leading practices in the UK. Ranked No. 1 by Chambers and Partners, the department is described as "the firm of choice for countless wealthy City professionals and entertainment and sport industry clients looking for advice and representation in complex divorce proceedings."
Helen Ward, widely regarded as the UK's top divorce lawyer, has a hugely impressive track record for acting in the most complex and high value cases, and is described as "extraordinary and brilliant". She has acted in a string of high profile cases, including Charman where she represented the wife and successfully secured the highest award as yet determined by a UK Court.
Stephen Foster comments: "Helen's appointment endorses and strengthens our current market position as a leading UK divorce and family department. Our strategy has been to create a team comprising the very best divorce lawyers at every level to meet the complex and sensitive needs of our clients. Helen, who we regard as the leading family lawyer in the country, will add significant strength and depth to the team."
For press enquiries please contact Alon Riza on 020 7822 8037 or via email@example.com
NOTE TO EDITORS:
About Stewarts Law:
1. Stewarts Law is an international litigation-only law firm (the largest in the UK) with offices in London, New York, Leeds and Delaware;
2. The firm is top ranked in both the Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners, the leading guides to the legal profession;
3. It acts for both corporate and individual clients and has leading and specialist departments in aviation and travel, clinical negligence, commercial litigation, competition litigation, divorce and family, employment, investor protection litigation and personal injury.
4. It is one of the very few law firms in the UK that is conflict free and is able to act in complex cases against banks;
5. The turnover of Stewarts Law last year increased by 22.5% to £34.9m. It is the fastest growing law firm in the UK over the last five years according to the leading surveys.
About the Divorce and Family department at Stewarts Law:
1. Department Head Stephen Foster set up the department 6 years ago. Within this short period Stewarts Law have created a department that is regarded as one of London's leading practices.
2. The department is ranked as No. 1 by Chambers and Partners, the independently research guide to the legal profession. The 2012 directory describes the department as:-
"This team's reputation continues to grow following lateral hires and a number of impressive cases. It is the firm of choice for countless wealthy City professionals and entertainment and sport industry clients looking for advice and representation in complex divorce proceedings. Clients report: "They provided first-class advice delivered in a very practical fashion. They don't just charge and charge and charge, but really make an effort to add value."
3. The department has attracted some of the largest and most important work before the English Court including a cluster of high profile figures from the sports and entertainment world. Complete discretion is one of our core values at Stewarts Law, so we do not comment on specific clients;
4. From a standing start the department has grown to its current strength of over 30 strong in just 6 years.
About Helen Ward:
1. Described by The Lawyer as "the UK's leading divorce lawyer";
2. Described in The Legal 500 and Chambers directories as "the extraordinary and brilliant Helen Ward", "absolutely a class act ... If you want a star, there she is" and "continuing to top the lists of senior legal practitioners as an absolutely fantastic expert in complex multimillion pound ancillary relief matters .... No stranger to discrete settlements, nor shy of a tough fight", "undoubtedly one of the most significant divorce personalities in the country" with an "outstanding ability to reach settlements and to advise pragmatically";
3. Represented the wife in the case of Charman which attracted significant media attention and in which Helen successfully secured the highest award as yet determined by a Court in the UK;
4. Helen is a Deputy District Judge at the Principal Registry of the Family Division and a Fellow of the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.