Barrington helps professional footballers and intermediaries resolve complex personal issues such as investment loss, NFT and cryptocurrency disputes with HMRC, divorce and separation, pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements, privacy and reputation management, tax investigations/enquiries and film scheme-related disputes, trust and probate disputes, sports injuries and contractual issues.
Barrington is experienced in investigating serious or career-ending injury claims to recover large sums of financial compensation on behalf of professional football players.
Barrington has acted on a number of complex sports injury cases for current and former football and rugby players, including:
- Acting for a Premier League footballer in relation to a claim against his club for failure to provide adequate rehabilitation;
- Acting for a Premier League footballer in relation to a career-ending Achilles rupture;
- Acting for a Championship footballer in a claim against his surgeon following a fibular repair;
- Acting for a Premier League footballer in relation to ACL reconstruction surgery;
- Acting for a Premier League footballer in relation to an on-the-pitch knee ligament injury;
- Acting for an international footballer in a claim against his former club in relation to rehabilitation of a hip injury;
- Acting for an EFL footballer in relation to delayed diagnosis of a knee infection following injury;
- Acting for a Premier League footballer in a career-ending injury claim relating to mental health;
- Acting for a Premier League youth academy player in respect of a spinal injury;
- Acting for Premiership rugby players for failures to manage head injuries following concussion;
- Acting for a Premiership rugby player in relation to a claim against his club for failure to provide adequate rehabilitation.
Barrington co-leads the Stewarts’ sports disputes team.
Barrington has a special interest in legal disputes on behalf of professional footballers.
Barrington works closely with the Tax team to assist professional footballers and other sports professionals with image rights and tax disputes with HMRC, from enquiry stage through to Tax Tribunal appeals.
Barrington is an Official Ambassador for West Ham United Foundation.
Barrington has been appointed to the Advisory Council at Football For Peace.
Barrington qualified as a solicitor in 2016.
Barrington joined Stewarts in London in 2018, was made an associate in 2019 and senior associate in 2021.
Barrington leads the sports injury team at Stewarts.
Barrington spends his time between London and the Midlands.