- Acting for two Eastern European companies in an investment dispute concerning a South American mine
- Acting for The Republic of Croatia in two ICSID arbitrations brought by two European banks, arising out of legislation intended to address Swiss franc-indexed loans extended by the claimants to Croatian nationals
- Acting for Grenada in an ICSID arbitration involving a claim brought by a developer of a five-star hotel resort
- Acting for Koch Minerals Sàrl and Koch Nitrogen International Sàrl in an ICSID annulment proceeding brought by the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela involving issues of expropriation related to the energy and petrochemical industries
- Advising a US OTC-listed company on structuring future investments in an Asian country
- Advising an Australian-listed minerals company on structuring future investments in a European country
Marco’s expertise focuses on investment treaty arbitrations administered by the PCA and ICSID, with particular interest in cases involving the financial markets, mining, infrastructure and construction sectors.
Marco was an associate at Creel, García-Cuéllar, Aiza y Enríquez, SC, a Mexican law firm ranked Band 1 and Tier 1 by Chambers and Partners and The Legal 500.
Prior to joining Stewarts, Marco completed a Master of Law degree at the University of Cambridge and worked at Volterra Fietta.
Accreditations and Memberships
Marco is a member of the ICDR Young & International, the ICC YAF and Young ICSID.
Marco enjoys hiking, cycling and long-distance walking.