- Acting for a consortium of Spanish contractors in two separate ICC arbitration proceedings relating to two of the world’s largest solar farm projects based in northern and southern Africa
- Acting on a number of ICC arbitrations in connection with the design and construction of a major maritime project in Central America
- Advising the contractor for a major road development in Saudi Arabia in relation to various disputes with the developer
- Acting for a joint venture contractor in relation to its claims for delay and disruption in relation to its work on a major Middle Eastern airport on an Abu-Dhabi-seated arbitration
- Acting for a leading Saudi contractor in an ICC arbitration in connection with the construction of a textile plant
- Advising a leading arbitration institution on claims for breach of contract
- Representing a Kuwaiti-based contractor in a multi-million dollar ICC arbitration in connection with a major infrastructure project in Qatar
- Working on an ICSID arbitration for Kuwaiti investors against the Government of Jordan
Mark’s experience is primarily in international disputes in various industries, in particular construction, engineering and energy. He has been involved in disputes in multiple jurisdictions and has extensive experience in complex cross-border matters working on cases under all the major arbitration rules including ICC, LCIA, UNCITRAL, and ICSID.
Mark joined Stewarts in 2021. Prior to this, Mark trained and worked in the International Arbitration team of Mayer Brown, during which time he was seconded to the New York, Hong Kong and Dubai offices.
- “The new 2021 ICC Rules: efficiency, flexibility and transparency” PLC Magazine, 26 November 2020.
- “Legal Abroad: Doing Business in Dubai” Building Magazine, 19 September 2019.
- “10 things you should know about arbitration” Construction News, 7 March 2016.
Accreditations and memberships
- Young ICCA
- ICC YAF
- LCIA Young International Arbitration Group
Mark was born and raised in Ireland. He enjoys cooking, cinema and attending the theatre, where he can often be found of an evening.