Shereen has gained experience in many areas of commercial litigation, including complex financial claims, civil fraud claims, misrepresentation claims, breach of warrant of authority claims, rectification and general contractual disputes.
In particular, Shereen has experience of EU competition follow-on claims brought against addressees of European Commission infringement decisions, and in particular, large group actions.
Shereen has gained exposure to complex international disputes across a broad range of industries including the automotive, energy, finance, retail, steel and technology sectors.
Shereen’s experience includes working on:
- Multibillion pound litigation brought against Visa in relation to interchange fees in the credit and debit sectors, which culminated in a 12-week trial in the High Court
- Proceedings brought on behalf of a global electronics manufacturer arising from the CRT/LCD European Commission decisions
- International civil fraud proceedings in the High Court
- Proceedings in relation to a breach of warrant of authority and misrepresentation claim
- Proceedings brought on behalf of a European power company in connection with losses resulting from the high voltage power cables cartel
Shereen studied law (LLB) at King’s College London.
Prior to joining Stewarts, Shereen was a senior researcher at the legal publishing company Chambers and Partners where she dealt with lawyers and clients across a wide range of industries and locations. In particular, Shereen was responsible for the London, Brussels, Europe-wide and Global-wide competition law chapters.
Before commencing her training contract, Shereen was a senior paralegal in the Competition Litigation department at Stewarts.
Shereen enjoys performance arts and is particularly fond of reading literary classics.