Our financial lines practice focuses on assisting policyholders in all sectors to navigate coverage of first- and third-party financial and professional risks, including:
- Directors and officers (D&O) liability
- Professional indemnity
- Warranty and indemnity
- Trade credit
- Political risk
Where necessary, our policyholder disputes team works with specialists in our dedicated insolvency, fraud, tax, and investigations practices to provide a seamless service to policyholders facing regulatory investigations, cyber incidents and associated coverage issues.
Our experience includes:
- Representing the directors of a Russian conglomerate facing criminal and civil proceedings in various jurisdictions, whose claim for indemnity under their D&O policy had been declined for sanctions reasons
- Advising the liquidators of a New Zealand insurance company on the availability of London market D&O and public offering of securities insurance (POSI) limits to meet claims against the directors
- Acting for the executives of a suspended retail investment fund in arbitration proceedings over the coverage of defence and regulatory investigation costs
- Advising an investment manager over coverage of mitigation costs incurred in response to HMRC’s declassification of an Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) investment scheme
- Representing a sanitary products conglomerate against its insurer in relation to improperly declined claims under a trade credit policy
Meet the Policyholder Disputes team
Our lawyers act exclusively for policyholders in high-value, complex insurance disputes.
The team has experience acting for local and multinational clients in a broad range of sectors.