We resolve complex, high-profile sports-related disputes and media crises
Our highly specialised sports team advises clubs, agents and elite athletes exclusively on complex disputes and high-stakes media crises.
We act on a wide variety of sports-related issues, leveraging our reputation and expertise in resolving challenging situations.
We offer innovative costs arrangements such as risk-sharing fee agreements, third party funding and after-the-event insurance to enable our sports clients to pursue claims and recover assets from a position of financial strength.
Our multi-disciplinary sports disputes team conducts litigation in the UK and can coordinate claims in overseas jurisdictions, working alongside specialist law firms around the world when necessary.
The Professional Footballers’ Association (PFA) partner with Stewarts to offer a legal dispute management service to current and former members to resolve legal disputes discreetly and effectively.
Stewarts’ advise professional footballers on legal disputes including career-ending injuries, employment, contract disputes, divorce and family issues, tax disputes and media-related issues.
We offer a no obligation initial consultation. Please contact us if you would like to set up a meeting with one of our specialist sports disputes lawyers.
Our specialist legal services for players, clubs and agents include:
- Loss of earnings
- Mental health and welfare
- Private medical treatment fees
- Negligent medical treatment claims
- Divorce and separation
- Financial settlements
- Arrangements for children
- Pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements
- Cohabitation agreements
- Contractual and HR disputes between players and clubs
- Termination, settlement and non-disclosure agreements
- Disciplinary and misconduct investigations
- Exit negotiations and mediation
- NFT and cryptocurrency disputes with HMRC
- Film and property scheme-related disputes
- Tax bill negotiations with HMRC
- Tax enquiries and investigations
"Because they are litigation only they are more focused on getting results for their clients"
"Firm with a strong reputation for representing claimants in high-profile litigation"Chambers
"Stewarts come across as being specialist, this is where their real strength lies"