Aleks has been involved in the following matters:
- Commercial fraud claims – Orb v Ruhan  EWHC 850 (Comm), a claim against German royalty for defrauding investors of $4.7m and a claim relating to a failed Russian investment fund.
- Insolvency proceedings – the £6m bankruptcy petition of Skypark (and other related companies). He was also part of the team advising various shareholders of Stemcor Ltd (the world’s largest independent steel trader) on the company’s scheme of arrangement as a result of its financial difficulties.
- Minority shareholder protection/securities litigation – the derivative claim of a shareholder of Expense Reduction Analysts UK Ltd and the group claim against Tesco Plc under s90A of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.
- Interim remedies – two applications for freezing injunctions in Orb v Ruhan, a search order for a large textile company and obtaining Norwich Pharmacal Relief (Orb v Fiddler  EWHC 361 (Comm)).
- Tax – claim against Ingenious Media; defending a claim brought by HMRC for anti-dumping duties; and disputing a £5m personal liability notice.
Aleks has appeared as an advocate in the County Court in relation to:
- A £250k bankruptcy petition
- An application to set aside default judgment
- An application under the Foreign Judgments (Reciprocal Enforcement) Act 1933
- A third party debt order application
- A half-day trial relating to an intellectual property dispute
Before starting his training contract in 2017, Aleks was a paralegal in the Commercial Litigation department of Stewarts. He was involved in some of the department’s most complex and high-profile cases including Orb v Ruhan and the Tesco Plc group litigation. Aleks has experience in working on high-value fraud and insolvency matters, minority shareholder protection, applications for interim remedies and Norwich Pharmacal relief.
Aleks joined Stewarts as a paralegal in 2014, having previously completed the Bar Professional Training Course. Aleks holds an LLM from King’s College London in International Financial Law (focusing on conflict of laws and regulation of financial services).
Before qualifying into the Commercial Litigation department in September 2019, Aleks had seats in Tax Litigation and Investigations, Aviation and Personal Injury.
Accreditations and Memberships
The Honourable Society of Middle Temple
Aleks is an avid reader with an affinity towards fantasy novels. He also enjoys boxing and kickboxing and has recently developed an interest in all things IT related. He is currently learning Python and the fundamentals of Linux.
Aleks participated in the Back Up Snowdon Push along with 15 colleagues from Stewarts. The event seeks to raise funds for Back Up which is a charity assisting people affected by spinal cord injuries. It involved carrying a wheelchair-bound person to the summit of Snowdon and back down.