The focus of Beata’s work is high value, complex, multi-party disputes. Beata’s cases have included securities claims, banking and financial disputes, fraud claims and insolvency-related issues as well as breach of confidence disputes.
Beata has experience of assisting in class actions and group litigation, in particular in a securities context.
Beata acted on:
- The RBS Rights Issue Litigation in which a team at Stewarts advised 313 financial institutions on recovering their losses arising from RBS’s £12bn rights issue.
- Claims by over 50 institutional investors against Tesco under FSMA in connection with its accounting irregularities and misstatement of profits
- International fraud litigation against more than 80 defendants arising out of cum-ex trading and refunds made for withholding tax
- Liquidation and bankruptcy proceedings involving applications to unwind a property transaction, now a leading authority on standing to make insolvency applications and section 283A of the Insolvency Act 1986 (Brakes v The Chedington Court Estate )
- Claims for breach of confidence and privacy brought by two former employees to injunct and destroy the contents of an email account containing evidence of a substantial fraud and related £18m deceit claim
Beata joined Stewarts as a paralegal in the Commercial Litigation team, having completed an LLB degree in International and European Law at the University of Groningen, the Netherlands, and an LLM degree at University College London.
Beata trained at Stewarts and qualified into the Commercial Litigation department in September 2020.
Accreditations and Memberships
- London Solicitors Litigation Association
Publications and Media
Beata’s interests include attending all sorts of cultural events, but most frequently classical concerts, being a violin player herself. Beata also enjoys swimming and spending time outside, whether cycling, hiking or jogging.