Matters on which Beata has assisted on include:
- The RBS Rights Issue Litigation in which a team at Stewarts advised 313 financial institutions on recovering their losses arising from RBS’s £12bn rights issue
- Claims by over 50 institutional investors against Tesco under FSMA in connection with its accounting irregularities and misstatement of profits
- International fraud litigation against more than 80 defendants arising out of cum-ex trading and refunds made for withholding tax
Beata’s expertise is in complex commercial disputes, banking and financial litigation, securities litigation, multi-jurisdictional and international disputes.
- ESG litigation: key trends on the horizon
- What are the potential litigation implications in the UK of the GameStop ‘short squeeze’ saga?
Beata joined Stewarts in 2015 as a paralegal in the Commercial Litigation team, having completed an LLB degree in International and European Law at the University of Groningen, the Netherlands, and an LLM degree at University College London.
Before qualifying into the Commercial Litigation department in September 2020, Beata had seats in the firm’s Aviation and International Injury, Personal Injury and Commercial Litigation departments.
Beata’s interests include attending all sorts of cultural events, but most frequently classical concerts, being a violin player herself. Beata also enjoys swimming and spending time outside, whether cycling, hiking or jogging.