Chloe has more than 10 years’ experience advising on insurance claims. She has expertise on coverage issues across a wide range of industries and policy lines, including property damage and business interruption, political risk, directors’ and officers’ (D&O), warranty and indemnity (W&I), marine cargo, product liability and cyber risk, among others.
In addition, Chloe has extensive experience in professional negligence disputes, with particular expertise in claims against lawyers, trustees and offshore financial and corporate services firms.
Chloe’s cases often involve high-profile, multi-jurisdictional disputes. She has represented clients in disputes spanning a number of jurisdictions, including the United States, Canada, South Africa, Mauritius and Gibraltar, together with countries across the Channel Islands and Europe.
Chloe’s recent coverage experience includes acting for:
- a multi-national plc in a substantial $70m political risk dispute
- a global organisation to advise it on insurance risks arising out of a proposed $9bn marine-cargo insurance programme
- a leading pharmaceutical group, as monitoring and coverage counsel on significant mass tort product liability actions across the United States, Canada and Europe valued in the $billions.
- various UK and European businesses in breach of warranty claims under W&I policies
Examples of some of Chloe’s professional negligence experience include acting on claims pursued against:
- a UK law firm by thousands of former clients for alleged misallocation of funds from a £60m group settlement
- a commercial litigation firm for a claim in excess of £75m following failed litigation against an international banking group
- various trustees in relation to claims arising out of disputed trust assets, unauthorised actions and tax liabilities
- “One of the strongest technical lawyers”
- “Gets things done in a charming and efficient manner, with phenomenal interpersonal skills”
Before joining Stewarts, Chloe was a managing associate in the insurance disputes team at Mishcon de Reya and spent a number of years in the professional and financial risks team at RPC, acting as the lead associate for the firm’s professional negligence offshore offering.
In addition, Chloe has previously advised a large number of Lloyd’s and London Market insurers on their high-profile market loss exposures and drafted policy wordings for existing and new insurance products.
Chloe has also undertaken two secondments within the London insurance market to a professional indemnity claims team and a claims team at a leading global insurance broker.
Accreditations and Memberships
- British Insurance Law Association (BILA)
- Association of Insurance and Risk Managers in Industry and Commerce (AIRMIC)
- The Collective Redress Lawyers Association (CORLA)
Publications and Media
Chloe has published several articles on insurance coverage and professional negligence and has been interviewed by various insurance and hospitality publications. She has also spoken at both internal and external conferences.
Chloe can usually be found either gardening or walking her dogs.