Cases in which Ed has advised include:
- Acting for a foreign government in its multi-billion dollar claims in London’s Commercial Court in relation to an alleged fraudulent scheme concerning an offshore oil field.
- Bringing a claim for a German real estate firm against a global investment bank to recover sums allegedly paid out under duress.
- Defending an asset manager against investor claims for breach of mandate.
- Acting for a global aerospace supplier in London’s Technology and Construction Court in relation to a share purchase agreement dispute.
- Advising a cricket club in relation to its claim against a national bank for mis-selling of an interest rate hedging product.
- Acting for a foreign state in its claim against a global manufacturing company for losses arising from water contamination.
Ed has experience advising foreign governments, corporates, financial institutions and high net worth individuals on a range of English and multi-jurisdictional disputes including in the natural resources, financial services and aerospace sectors.
Ed trained and qualified at a US firm in the City before working for several years at a tier one litigation ranked firm in London. He relocated to Leeds in 2019.
Ed has written a number of articles published by the International Law Office, including “Football club loses return fixture as entire agreement clause lets in misrepresentation claim” in January 2019.
Ed is a sports nut and plays tennis, golf, football and squash in his spare time.