Elisa works on high-value group litigation including statutory claims (s.90 and s.90A of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000) and tax-related group actions. She also has experience across a number of areas including shareholder and contractual disputes, insolvency claims against directors, enforcement, fraud, and professional negligence.
Elisa’s clients include global companies, asset managers, sovereign wealth funds, private and public pension funds, liquidators and high net worth individuals. She works on both domestic and multi-jurisdictional disputes.
- Acting for a number of institutional investors including asset managers and sovereign wealth funds in a s.90 FSMA claim against a multinational commodity trading and mining company.
- Acting for a number of institutional investors in a s.90A FSMA claim against an international energy services company.
- Acting for over 100 high net worth investors in a film finance scheme in a professional negligence claim against HSBC.
- Advising the liquidator of a forex trading company in bringing claims against former directors for misfeasance and wrongful and fraudulent trading.
- Advising entrepreneurs in a minority shareholder dispute.
Elisa was previously an associate in the commercial litigation team at Withers where she also trained. Elisa studied at the University of Warwick before undertaking the GDL and LPC.
Elisa enjoys hiking, trail running and playing board games.