Francesca qualified into the Commercial Litigation department in October 2023 on the conclusion of her training contract with the firm.
Francesca has experience working on high-value group litigation, including statutory claims (s.90 and s.90A of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000) and tax-related group actions.
She also has experience in a variety of complex, high value commercial disputes including professional negligence, shareholder disputes and group actions.
Francesca has been involved in the following matters:
- Acting for 177 claimants in the Eclipse litigation bringing claims against HSBC, including for conspiracy (as agent and joint tortfeasor with Future Films Limited). The claims arise from investments in various tax-efficient investment vehicles focused on films.
- Acting for a number of institutional investors including asset managers and sovereign wealth funds in a s.90 FSMA claim against a multinational commodity trading and mining company.
- Advising on Wong v Grand View Private Trust Co Ltd & Ors  SC (Bda) 44 Com (a large scale trust dispute involving questions of validity)
Francesca started working at Stewarts in September 2019 as a paralegal in the firm’s Commercial Litigation department before commencing her training contract in 2021.
She completed seats in the following departments: Trust and Probate Litigation, Clinical Negligence (Sports Disputes), Commercial Litigation and Tax Litigation and Resolution.
Publications and Media
- Case brought against HMRC examines privilege in the context of a tax-focused corporate structuring project
- What next for climate change litigation in the UK following the High Court decision in ClientEarth v Shell?
- Court of Appeal clarifies privilege position in respect of the identity of those instructing lawyers
- Dos, don’ts and duties to creditors on insolvency for directors following Supreme Court decision
Francesca is an avid reader and foodie. She can often be found eating her way round all that London has to offer.