Harry has commercial litigation expertise in these areas:
- Civil fraud
- Injunctive relief
- Professional negligence
- Shareholder disputes
- Contentious insolvency
- Debt recovery and enforcement
- Misuse of private information and breach of confidence
Harry acts for individuals and corporate clients from the UK and abroad in a wide variety of disputes. Significant cases in which he has acted include:
- Acting for mezzanine lenders (including funds advised by Axa Private Equity) in an action against senior lenders and JP Morgan as the security trustee concerning a €519m non-consensual debt restructuring under a syndicated finance agreement (Saltri III Ltd v. MD Mezzanine SA SICAR & Others  1 All E.R. (Comm) 661).
- Acting for an individual defendant subject to a freezing injunction in a $300m fraud claim brought by JSC BTA Bank of Kazakhastan against its former chair and majority shareholder, Mukhtar Ablyazov.
- Acting for a company and individual subject to freezing injunctions and defending claims in Arcadia Petroleum Limited v Peter Miles Bosworth and Others, a case concerning African oil trading in which the claimants sought to recover $287m.
- Acting for the US investment funds Fortress Investment Group LLP and Cyrus Capital Partners LP in a $650m professional negligence claim against BNP Paribas for its role in arranging a Shari’ah compliant bond issue (FCOF II UB Securities LLC v BNP Paribas  1 All E.R. (Comm)). This was the first case in English law to establish a duty of care as being owed by an arranging bank to secondary market purchasers and is a leading case on the duties of arranging banks in the bond market.
- Harry has acted in a number of disputes involving tax driven investment products including the Eclipse Film Partnerships which resulted in a substantial fraud claim being brought against HSBC to recover damages on behalf of investors.
- Acting for the BVI and Cayman liquidators of Stanford International Bank Ltd (in liquidation) in an ongoing £120m negligence claim against HSBC Bank plc arising out of a multi-billion dollar Ponzi scheme. This dispute has been listed by The Lawyer as one of the top 20 cases of 2021.
- Acting for Susquehanna Growth Equity LLC in a shareholder claim for a $230m buy back order against ETFS Capital Limited and Graham Tuckwell.
- Acting for The Chedington Court Estate Limited in liquidation and bankruptcy proceedings involving applications to unwind a property transaction entered into by Chedington. This dispute is now a leading authority on standing to make insolvency applications and on section 283A of the Insolvency Act 1986 (Brakes v The Chedington Court Estate  EWCA Civ 1491).
- Acting for a number of corporate and individual defendants in proceedings involving claims for breach of confidence and privacy brought by two former employees relating to the contents of an email account.
Harry studied History at the University of Leeds before completing the Legal Practice Course in London. Harry trained at Stewarts and qualified into the Commercial Litigation department.
Accreditations and Memberships
- Law Society Junior Lawyers Division
- Young Fraud Lawyers Association
- London Solicitors Litigation Association
Could crowdfunding become a viable means of financing commercial litigation? (published in June 2015 in the Law Society Gazette and Litigation Funding).