Jenny has expertise in all areas of contentious private family law including financial disputes and child arrangements (both practical, and financial) on family breakdown – whether that’s divorce, dissolution or separation.
On the non-contentious side Jenny also advises on nuptial agreements, cohabitation and parenting plans.
Jenny’s cases often include trust assets, business assets and inherited wealth and overlap with various other jurisdictions. She works closely with professionals in other industries where required and utilises alternative dispute resolution where possible.
Jenny’s client base is not restricted to the North of England and she acts for individuals both across the UK and overseas, running her own cases independently and also working along with partners in the firms’ Leeds and London offices.
- JC v PC  – Acted for the successful applicant father in High Court proceedings brought to determine the habitual residence of his two children following their wrongful retention abroad by the respondent mother.
- HC v FW  – Acted for the applicant wife through her litigation friend in this unusual case in which we secured >£15,000,000 for our client (and a worldwide injunction) notwithstanding the primary source of the wealth was the husband’s pre-matrimonial assets.
-  – Acting for the respondent husband in financial remedy proceedings in the high court, running complex arguments of both special contribution and post-separation accrual in relation to the husband’s business interests (worth c. £280 million)
- Jenny has been ranked in Chambers UK for the last 5 years and is consistently recognised in Legal 500 as a key lawyer in the team.
- The Legal 500: “Extraordinarily knowledgeable, responsive and – importantly- sympathetic, sensible and understanding… a pleasure to work with… I would recommend to anybody”
- Chambers UK: “Jenny Bowden is a ‘brilliant lawyer’ who is ‘widely respected’ according to market commentators.”
Jenny graduated with a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Newcastle upon Tyne in 2009. Following qualification in 2013, she joined Stewarts as a solicitor in 2016, before being promoted to associate in 2018 and then senior associate in 2021.
Accreditations and Memberships
Jenny sits on the committee for Resolution (West & North Yorkshire) and is an accredited specialist (in complex financial remedies and private children matters).
Publications and Media
Jenny is one of the founding members and co-hosts of the Stewarts Divorce and Family podcast.
Jenny enjoys spending time with her two young children and her two cavapoo dogs. She has recently joined a climbing group in the guise of professional networking and is enjoying challenging herself physically. She also loves to travel and explore different cultures and cuisines.