Lucy is a commercial litigator with experience of a wide range of complex and high-value commercial disputes including commercial fraud actions, banking and financial sector litigation, contractual disputes, insolvency litigation, commercial disputes relating to sanctions and professional negligence claims. She has represented various high-profile clients including companies, insolvency practitioners and high net worth individuals and has significant experience of multi-party cases and group litigation.
Lucy has a substantial amount of trial experience and has been involved in a number of cases with international elements. She has recently acted on some of the largest and most high profile claims going through the English courts.
Lucy’s experience includes:
- Ingenious Media litigation (listed by The Lawyer as a Top 20 case of 2022), acting for over 300 individuals in respect of claims arising out of their investments in film schemes.
- Acting for defendants to the c. £1.2bn fraud claim brought by the Danish tax authority (SKAT) arising from SKAT’s historic payment of withholding tax refunds (listed by The Lawyer as a Top 20 case of 2021).
- Acting for over 100 financial institutions in claims under s.90 FSMA against Tesco in respect of its £263m accounting misstatements.
- Successfully settling multi-million pound proceedings brought against a well-known bank by more than 200 individuals, including claims of fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Acting for a financial institution in a dispute over the validity of corporate actions under the Cayman Islands sanctions regime.
- Acting for the liquidators of two offshore SPVs in the British Virgin Islands in their €500m claim against Deutsche Bank and others, involving cross border insolvency applications and High Court proceedings.
Lucy studied law at University College London and passed the Legal Practice Course with distinction. After joining Stewarts as a paralegal, Lucy completed a training contract with the firm and qualified in 2013.
Accreditations and Memberships
- London Solicitors Litigation Association (LSLA)
- Junior LSLA champion for Stewarts
- International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)
- Women in Law London
- Mentor on the City Solicitors Horizons Mentoring Scheme
Lucy has assisted with various lectures at conferences including freezing and search orders, mis-selling of financial products, third party liability in fraud and third party disclosure.
Lucy enjoys travel, swimming, stand up paddle boarding and skiing. She also has a new found passion for road trips around the UK with her family.