Cases in which Pia has acted include:
- Advising a technology corporate and senior executive on allegations of misuse of confidential information, and related injunction applications
- Advising an Italian company on a breach of contract claim
- Acting for the estate of a high profile individual in a civil fraud claim against a Russian state owned airline
- Acting for three high net worth individuals in relation to a complex hedge fund partnership dispute involving fraud allegations
- Acting for Standard Life in a case involving conspiracy allegations and other economic torts
- Acting for a public institution in relation to a large fraud and corruption investigation, across multiple jurisdictions and parallel criminal proceedings
- Advising a US client in an ICC arbitration involving breach of trust allegations against a trustee
- Advising both individuals and corporates in relation to financial criminal exposure and related investigatory work
Pia advises high net worth private clients and corporate clients, both domestic and international. Pia works with clients in a diverse range of sectors, from foreign public institutions, through to hedge funds and partnerships. Many of Pia’s cases involve multiple jurisdictions, especially in her civil fraud practice. Pia also has an interest in cases involving misuse of confidential information.
Pia obtained her law degree from University College London (first class honours) before training at Herbert Smith Freehills and qualifying into their commercial litigation and advocacy department. After four years, Pia joined Addleshaw Goddard’s London litigation team before joining Stewarts in November 2014.
Accreditations and Memberships
Pia is a member of the International Association of Young Lawyers.
Pia enjoys swimming and surfing. When out of the water, Pia has a passion for Indian food.