Tim has spent two decades running contentious insolvency litigation and asset recovery cases, encompassing director misfeasance, fraud, antecedent transactions, and claims against third parties.
The Legal 500 has described Tim as “a superb litigator” able to offer “outside the box thinking for innovative approaches to claims.”
Chambers and Partners says Tim provides “excellent and very thorough advice” and “an excellent rate of case progression. He consistently demonstrates the ability to understand and determine exactly what the issues are.”
- Advising liquidators on £200m foreign exchange fraud across multiple jurisdictions
- Advising group of prime city real estate landlords in £350m hostile ‘loan to own’ debt buyout and administration application
- Advising group of non-UK creditors on recovery of £40m of suspected assets concealed in trusts in multiple offshore jurisdictions
- Advising liquidators on realisation of claim concerning £1bn in bonds
- Advising a Greek insolvency office-holder of a company with debts of £100m on recognition and asset recovery proceedings in the UK
On qualifying in 2002, Tim joined BDB Pitmans. Tim went on to found the Restructuring and Insolvency Group at DMH Stallard to establish the firm as a leading insolvency practice. Tim joined Stewarts in September 2020.
Accreditations and memberships
- INSOL International
- City of London Law Society Insolvency Committee
Publications and media
Tim has frequently been quoted in national media publications, including The Times, The Guardian and City AM, as well as various trade association magazines. Tim has published many articles, which include the following:
- Liability of directors for ESG breaches
- Fraud and recessions are natural bedfellows
- Claims in a post-pandemic litigation landscape
Tim and his partner have two beautiful daughters and a dog called Fred. Tim holds a private pilot’s license and likes to get up in the air when he can; he is also a pretty good windsurfer.