Tom’s recent and ongoing work highlights include:
- Acting for major retailers in multi-million pound claims against Mastercard.
- Acting for 112 financial institutions claiming under s.90A FSMA against Tesco Plc in respect of its £263m accounting misstatements.
- Acting for an Indian conglomerate regarding its repayment obligations under a syndicated facility agreement.
- Representing a high net worth individual in a claim regarding the ownership of a rapidly growing fintech startup.
- Acting for European investors in the first UK claim against a rating agency and major bank seeking over £100 million in damages for alleged fraudulent and negligent rating and marketing of complex financial products.
Tom enjoys reading, particularly the works of Robert Harris and other historical novelists. He has also recently tried to learn Japanese.
Tom has extensive experience of high-value and complex disputes acting for corporates, financial institutions and high net worth individuals. He now focusses on competition matters including advising on follow-on and standalone damages claims. His previous cases have included claims arising from or relating to infringements of competition law, breaches of contract, securities claims, company and shareholder disputes and fraud claims.
Accreditations and Memberships
Tom is a member of the Junior Lawyers Division and the London Solicitors Litigation Association.
Tom worked for an MP and an MEP before starting work as a paralegal at Stewarts. He then trained at the firm before qualifying in 2015.