Tom’s recent and ongoing work highlights include:
- Acting for 112 financial institutions claiming under s.90A FSMA against Tesco Plc in respect of its £263m accounting misstatements.
- Acting for an Indian conglomerate regarding its repayment obligations under a syndicated facility agreement.
- Acting for the assignee of a claim against a financial services company relating to the marketing of a hedge fund.
- Representing a high net worth individual in a claim regarding the ownership of a rapidly growing fintech startup.
- Acting for European investors in the first UK claim against a rating agency and major bank seeking over £100 million in damages for alleged fraudulent and negligent rating and marketing of complex financial products.
- Advising the liquidators of two insolvent companies in a multi-million pound negligence claim against a major bank.
Tom specialises in general commercial disputes acting for financial institutions, corporates and high net worth individuals in high-value and complex claims. He acts for both claimants and defendants in multimillion pound disputes, often involving multiple jurisdictions. His cases have included claims arising from or relating to breaches of contract, securities claims, company and shareholder disputes and fraud claims.
Accreditations and Memberships
Tom is a member of the Junior Lawyers Division and the London Solicitors Litigation Association.
Tom worked for an MP and an MEP before starting work as a paralegal at Stewarts. He then trained at the firm before qualifying in 2015.
Tom enjoys reading, particularly the works of Robert Harris and other historical novelists. He has also recently tried to learn Japanese.