Tom has acted on some of the most substantial and high profile securities actions and group litigation in England in recent years including the RBS rights issue litigation, the Tesco litigation and the Ingenious litigation. He has considerable experience working with funders and insurers, structuring cases to minimise downside risk for claimants.
Tom has also spent time working in house at a global asset manager, where alongside contentious matters he advised on a wide-range of non-contentious financial matters across a range of jurisdictions. This has provided him with a broad base of financial as well as legal knowledge.
Recent matters he has been engaged on include:
- acting for an investment bank in relation to a substantial global dispute involving allegations of fraud;
- acting for parties involved in a £1bn+ tax dispute with a nation state;
- acting for a sovereign wealth fund in relation to a sanctions dispute;
- advising in relation to a $3bn financing dispute arising from an industrial project in North Africa;
- acting for a large number of institutions in a securities claim against Tesco in relation to misstated accounts;
- acting for 313 institutions, including global asset managers and pension funds, against the Royal Bank of Scotland Group in a securities claim arising from the bank’s £12bn Rights Issue in 2008.
Tom qualified at Stewarts in 2014.