We resolve complex, high-profile sports-related disputes and media crises
Our highly specialised sports team advises clubs, agents and elite athletes exclusively on complex disputes and high-stakes media crises.
We act on a wide variety of sports-related issues, leveraging our reputation and expertise in resolving challenging situations.
We offer innovative costs arrangements such as risk-sharing fee agreements, third party funding and after-the-event insurance to enable our sports clients to pursue claims and recover assets from a position of financial strength.
Our multi-disciplinary sports disputes team conducts litigation in the UK and can coordinate claims in overseas jurisdictions, working alongside specialist law firms around the world when necessary.
We offer a free initial consultation. Please contact us if you would like to set up a meeting with one of our specialist sports disputes lawyers.
Our specialist legal services for players, clubs and agents include:
- Loss of earnings
- Mental health and welfare
- Private medical treatment fees
- Negligent medical treatment claims
- Divorce and separation
- Financial settlements
- Arrangements for children
- Pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements
- Cohabitation agreements
- Contractual and HR disputes between players and clubs
- Termination, settlement and non-disclosure agreements
- Disciplinary and misconduct investigations
- Exit negotiations and mediation
- Cyber and digital investment loss
- NFT and cryptocurrency fraud
- Money laundering
- Crisis management
- Image rights and intellectual property issues
- NFT and cryptocurrency disputes with HMRC
- Film and property scheme-related disputes
- Tax bill negotiations with HMRC
- Tax enquiries and investigations
"Because they are litigation only they are more focused on getting results for their clients"
"Firm with a strong reputation for representing claimants in high-profile litigation"Chambers
"Stewarts come across as being specialist, this is where their real strength lies"