Law.com International has marked International Women’s Day 2023 with a list of the UK legal industry’s “most exceptional up-and-coming female lawyers from across the top firms.”
Pia Mithani’s bio
- Position: Partner since 2021
- Practice area: Fraud and Commercial Litigation
- Key clients: Large foreign and domestic public sector organisations and overseas governments
“I find the psychology of a fraudster fascinating,” says Pia Mithani, who has always been drawn to the “insight into human behaviour” that fraud offers. Mithani, who currently co-manages Stewarts’ investigations practice, is seen by the firm as one of the new generations of leaders.
She is currently co-managing one of the largest corruption cases in the UK, a fiercely-contested dispute valued at $1 billion and involving over 20 defendants advised on by a number of elite UK and US firms. Clients have praised her “superior expertise” and “outstanding skill” especially when it involves navigating work with global firms from different countries.
As a mother to a one-year-old as well as being a rising partner, spare time can be “a rare and luxurious commodity”, but when it does arise, Mithani enjoys cooking the Indian food of her Gujarati roots.
Read more about Pia’s experience and career history here.
Rising Stars: The UK’s Best Up and Coming Female Lawyers, 2023
Out of more than 100 entries, Law.com selected 25 women under 40 for its final shortlist.
The criteria assessed included:
- the quality of their client base;
- the scale, significance and complexity of their deals;
- their client feedback and general market reputation;
- the standing of their mentors; and
- any other examples of career success and innovation.
If you require assistance from one of our teams, please contact us.
Subscribe – In order to receive our news straight to your inbox, subscribe here. Our newsletters are sent no more than once a month.