The Aviation team at Stewarts have contributed to the fourth edition of ‘Getting the Deal Through’, authoring the UK chapter on ‘Aviation Liability’. James Healy-Pratt, Sarah Stewart, Peter Neenan and Owen Hanna all contributed to the guide.
The ‘Aviation Liability’ section covers a number of topics important for managing an aviation claim including:
- Accident investigation and family assistance
- Litigation procedure including judgments and settlements as well as criminal proceedings
- Applicable treaties
- International and domestic carriage – liability for passenger injury or death
- Third-party actions
- Liability for ground damage
- Liability for unruly passengers and terrorist events
- Consumer protection and passenger rights
- Liability of government entities providing services to carriers
- Effect of a carrier’s conditions of carriage and tariffs
- Insurance requirements
‘Getting the Deal Through’ works with many of the best lawyers and law firms in the world to bring together a unique legal information resource, written by experts on each subject area, in every significant jurisdiction. They cover 80 practice areas across 150 jurisdictions.
The book is available in print, as an e-book and online. The UK chapter by our team can be downloaded here: Aviation Liability 2018 UK – Getting the deal through.
To view the full version of the guide, please visit Getting the Deal Through’s website.
Reproduced with permission from Law Business Research Ltd. Getting the Deal Through: Aviation Liability 2018, (published in November 2017; contributing editors: Andrew J Harakas, Jeff Ellis, Chris Carlen and Kevin Sutherland, Clyde & Co US LLP) For further information please visit gettingthedealthrough.com
You can find further information regarding our expertise, experience and team on our Aviation pages.