As a trainee, Amy undertook seats in Personal Injury, Divorce and Family, and Contentious Trusts and Probate. Prior to commencing her training contract, Amy spent 3 years as a paralegal in the Divorce and Family department, where she worked across a broad range of family matters including pre-nuptial agreements, complex financial settlements, children arrangements, chattels disputes and Family Law Act matters.
Amy’s highlights have included assisting in numerous high value financial disputes, including:
- A complex multi-jurisdictional dispute where the family wealth exceeded £50m spread across a number of complex international investment structures
- A dispute in which Stewarts represented the mother of a young child whose father is from a very high-profile international family and is heir to his father’s billion pound empire
- A highly contested, multi-jurisdictional dispute involving a complex company structure and several international properties
Amy joined Stewarts in October 2015 after graduating from the University of Birmingham in 2012 with a 2:1 in her LLB (Hons) degree. She then completed the Bar Professional Training Course in 2013. Prior to joining Stewarts, Amy spent 18 months working in legal publishing, starting in the Current Awareness and News team at LexisNexis and subsequently moving to the family team at Practical Law.
Amy qualified into the Divorce and Family team in September 2020.
Publications and media
The Student Lawyer:
- Decision to Close the ILF Unlawful – The Case of Stuart Bracking
- Mental Health, Capacity and Abuse: Case of WMA and MA (2013)
- Court Ordered Sterilisation – The Start of Something Dangerous?
- The Tony Nicklinson Case – What Next for the Right to Die?
Amy enjoys sports and exercise, playing basketball, swimming and running half marathons on a regular basis.