Grace has recently acted for large groups of claimants in high-profile and complex claims involving failed tax avoidance schemes, including one case before the Court of Appeal (Thornhill).
Such cases have involved allegations of professional negligence, fraudulent misrepresentation and unlawful means conspiracy.
Grace also has significant experience in representing companies, directors and high net worth individuals across a wide range of industry sectors.
Grace trained at O’Melveny & Myers, with a six-month secondment in the firm’s Hong Kong office. She qualified as an associate in the litigation department at O’Melveny & Myers in August 2019, joining the Tax team at Stewarts in May 2021.
- Adole Akinluyi & Ors v HSBC UK Bank Plc: Grace is a core member of the team acting for the claimants, 175 individual investors in a film investment product known as Eclipse. It is alleged that HSBC is liable for losses as a consequence of its role in devising and promoting the product to investors.
- David McClean & Ors v Andrew Thornhill KC : Grace was the main associate on this case, acting for 110 claimants in this landmark claim against a tax KC who had allowed his opinion to be used to sell a tax incentivised investment scheme.
- Acted for a high net-worth individual in respect of alleged negligent investment advice from a financial adviser.
- Acted for claimants in cases arising from alleged breaches of contract by commercial foreign exchange companies.
- Was involved in a high-profile Commission of Inquiry into construction works at a major Hong Kong MTR station.
Publications and Media
Grace is a keen runner and currently in training for the London Marathon. Grace also enjoys playing netball every week in a South London league.