Joe is experienced in complex and high-value commercial litigation and advising on contractual and other disputes. He has worked in numerous disputes involving complex financial products, fraud issues and with various international elements, including matters involving the US, UAE, Channel Islands and multiple European jurisdictions.
Matters on which Joe has acted include:
- Acting for sovereign wealth funds, institutional asset managers and public pension funds in a s90 FSMA claim against Tesco
- Acting for a State and its National Bank in claims relating to a Global Custody Agreement with an international bank
- Acting for 313 institutional investors in the first group securities litigation of its kind in England in a claim against RBS in relation to its 2008 rights issue prospectus
- Acting in a complex, cross border fraud dispute
- Acting in various property development and financing claims, including for a development in excess of £100m
Joe is listed as a “Rising star” in the Legal 500. His testimonials include “extremely impressed” and that “his written work is superb”.
Joe joined Stewarts as a paralegal in 2009, qualified in 2012 and was promoted to Senior Associate in 2019. Joe has a first-class degree in Law and a master’s degree.
Accreditations and Memberships
Member of the London Solicitor Litigation Association (LSLA).
Outside of work, Joe enjoys football, exercise and spending time with his young children.