Joe is experienced in complex, high value commercial litigation and advising on contractual and other disputes. He has worked in numerous disputes involving complex financial products, fraud issues and multi-party claims, including multiple large s.90/90A FSMA group actions.
His clients have included large corporates, institutional asset managers, high net worth individuals and sovereign wealth funds.
Joe’s cases often have international elements, including matters involving the US, UAE, Channel Islands and multiple European jurisdictions. He regularly deals with the various issues that can arise in cross-border disputes, including instances where the law or rules of multiple jurisdictions may apply and it is necessary to work closely with lawyers in other jurisdictions.
- Acting for sovereign wealth funds, institutional asset managers and other claimants in s90 FSMA claims against Tesco and a large multinational mining company
- Acting for a state and its national bank in claims relating to a global custody agreement with an international bank
- Acting for 313 institutional investors in the first group securities litigation of its kind in England in a claim against RBS in relation to its 2008 rights issue prospectus
- Acting in a complex, cross border fraud dispute
- Acting in various property development and financing claims, including for a development in excess of £100m
Joe is listed as a “Rising Star” in the Legal 500 and his testimonials include “extremely impressed” and that “his written work is superb”.
Joe joined Stewarts as a paralegal in 2009, qualified in 2012 and was promoted to Senior Associate in 2019. Joe has a first-class degree in Law and a master’s degree.
Accreditations and Memberships
- Policy Representative on the Associates Committee of the Commercial Litigators’ Forum
- Member of the London Solicitor Litigation Association (LSLA)
Publications and Media
Outside of work, Joe enjoys football, exercise and spending time with his young children.