Kate has significant experience of complex and high-value commercial disputes, both in the UK and overseas, most recently acting for major corporates based in France, Sweden and Slovenia. Her clients span the retail, manufacturing, aviation and energy sectors.
Representative cases include:
- Acting for major retailers in multi-billion pound claims against MasterCard and Visa
- Acting for multi-national building materials manufacturer in its claim arising from the Trucks Cartel
- Acting for a global wholesaler of IT products and services in a multi-million claim arising from the worldwide Liquid Crystal Displays Cartel
- Acting for global corporation in its claim arising from the Smart Card Chips Cartel
- Acting for a major power company in a multi-million claim relating to the High Voltage Power Cables cartel
Kate is ranked as a Notable Practitioner in Chambers & Partners and as a Leading Individual in The Legal 500. Kate is described as “hugely commercial” with “tremendous strategic insight”.
Feedback on Kate’s work includes the following:
“We need to operate our business on a culture of “no surprises”. Kate fought and won a major piece of litigation, delivering an outstanding result in a seamless, cost-effective, least disruptive manner. She goes the extra mile, is a highly effective litigator and is always there when you need her.” (C.O.O. Major Corporate Client)
“Kate is a first class litigator. She is knowledgeable, practical and manages litigation superbly, inspiring confidence in clients and Counsel. She is an astute tactician; her excellent grasp of the client’s commercial objectives help her to stay one step ahead of the game. She is tenacious, proactive and commercial in her approach, unflappable under pressure and she gets results. She is also extremely charming and great fun to work with. In short, you want Kate on your side.” (Leading Counsel)
Kate trained at Travers Smith in London. She joined Wragge & Co in 1999, moving to Walker Morris in 2006. Kate joined Stewarts in 2011 and was made a partner in 2012.
Kate enjoys skiing, particularly in North America.
"Kate Pollock is immensely smart and experienced – a real stand out on the market. She inspires confidence in clients, loyalty in co-workers and admiration in opponents"The Legal 500
"Kate Pollock is level-headed in the fiercest storm and excellent with people, including her opponents."Chambers
"Kate Pollock combined exceptional intellect, tremendous strategic insight and constant good humour"The Legal 500