Kirsty has experience of progressing claimant-side damages claims in the UK courts that arise as a result of competition law infringements both at UK and EU level. She has gained exposure to complex multi-jurisdictional claims and a wide variety of industries including: finance, energy, automotive, technology, transport, construction, food and pharmaceuticals. She has experience dealing with corporate clients based in the UK, throughout Europe and the US.
Kirsty has assisted in:
- Proceedings brought against MasterCard and Visa regarding interchange fees.
- Progressing a claim brought on behalf of a European power company in connection with losses resulting from the high voltage power cables cartel.
- Initiating proceedings, on behalf of a global electronics manufacturer, in the EU, South Korea and Malaysia arising from the CRT/CRT Glass and LCD cartel decisions.
- 2007–2011 LLB (Hons) in Scots Law, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
- 2011–2012 GDL, BPP Law School, London
- 2011–2012 LLM in International Commercial Law, University of Glasgow, Glasgow
- 2012–2013 PPI associate, KPMG LLP, Glasgow
- 2014–2015 Paralegal, Stewarts
- Jan 2016 to July 2016 LPC, University of Law, Moorgate London
Accreditations and memberships
- Junior Lawyers Division, The Law Society
Kirsty is a keen runner, skier and hockey player. Aside from sports, Kirsty enjoys travelling and some of the most interesting places she has visited include Russia, Japan and Qatar.
In June 2017, Kirsty took part in the Back Up Snowdon Push along with 15 colleagues from Stewarts. The event is a charity fundraiser for Back Up, a charity which provides services for spinally injured people. Our team, consisting of one spinal cord injured individual, made our way to the summit of Snowdon and back down in just over five hours.