Louis’ experience includes:
- Advising a large African energy company against a consortium of lenders in ICC arbitration proceedings and related English court proceedings regarding $1bn+ loan arrangements.
- Advising a sophisticated cryptocurrency company against another high-profile crypto company in ad hoc arbitration proceedings relating to the proper contractual interpretation of a loan of Ethereum for an investment.
- Advising a US drilling company in respect of indemnity claims following loss of life during a drilling programme in the Middle East.
- Advising a European state in English court proceedings to set aside the enforcement of an SCC-seated investment treaty award.
- Advising a Switzerland-based fund on an LCIA arbitration in respect of payments due under a contract for the provision of funds for an investment.
Louis has supported clients on matters in the energy, infrastructure, construction, technology (including cryptocurrency), and food and farming sectors. That work has been connected to jurisdictions globally, including in Europe, Africa, the Americas, and Asia.
Louis has experience advising on arbitrations under ICC, SIAC, LCIA and Danish institutional rules.
Louis trained and qualified at CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang before joining Stewarts. He went to Exeter University.
Louis enjoys playing sport and anything cultural.