Marcus has in-depth experience of establishing and managing structures and resolving disputes that arise in a practical, commercial and cost-efficient manner. He has led the management of many disputes around the world, most recently a multi-billion dollar, multi-jurisdiction dispute involving prominent Middle Eastern families.
Marcus has experience of dealing with litigation in England, Cayman, BVI, Bermuda, Hong Kong, New Zealand and the US. His offshore address book is second to none. Clients are impressed at his round-the-clock availability, his ability to identify the key issues quickly and to assemble the right global team rapidly to tackle any type of dispute.
Marcus is an English-qualified lawyer and was a Cayman-based professional trustee for eight years.
Marcus has worked in London and Cheltenham law firms (managing private client teams) and managed trust companies in the Cayman Islands.
- A high-value probate dispute involving a dozen beneficiaries from three separate marriages of the deceased involving assets in several jurisdictions.
- A dispute between business owners based in Hong Kong and New Zealand of a global business involving litigation in the BVI, Cayman and New Zealand.
- A probate dispute involving a valuable Hong Kong property owned through a BVI entity involving litigation in the BVI and Hong Kong.
- A dispute over the ownership of substantial assets (multiple billions of dollars) in Hong Kong following the owner’s death.
- A high-profile and high-value Libya-related dispute in the English court involving a Cayman Beddoe and related applications.
- Litigation in Bermuda, Cayman, the US and London relating to the recovery of assets from a former director and massive alleged multi-billion dollar US tax evasion by the settlor.
- A dispute between siblings over £100m+ of European property assets held in an offshore structure.
- Litigation support in a global dispute involving a high-profile Middle Eastern client, including working with lawyers and fiduciaries in multiple jurisdictions.
- A probate dispute with the stepmother of the deceased’s children over a valuable property and will trust.
- Private Client Global Elite Leader
- Who’s Who Legal Thought Leader
- “Marcus Parker is a stand out partner who is assured and hugely knowledgeable. He, along with his team, are able to effectively guide clients through the most complex and difficult cases with ease and a sense of security.” The Legal 500
- “His considerable experience as an offshore trustee, particularly in respect of contentious trust matters, gives him a valuable perspective that other lawyers lack. Marcus is extremely collaborative and a pleasure to work with.” The Legal 500
Accreditations and Memberships
Conference Speaking Appointments
Marcus is a regular speaker at international conferences, most recently in Jersey and the Cayman Islands.
Marcus enjoys spending time with his family (five blended kids) and Dave the cavapoo, as well as travel, food and cinema.