Notable cases Mike has worked on include:
- A claim against an investment bank relating to the misselling of Swiss Franc mortgages to an unsophisticated investor.
- Following the default of the Constant Proportion Debt Obligation (CPDO), an exotic structured credit product, representing European institutional investors in a claim for their losses against both ABN Amro, the arranger, and Standard & Poor’s who gave it a AAA rating.
- Professional negligence claim in the Financial List against BNP Paribas as the arranger of purportedly Sharia compliant loan notes on behalf of distressed debt investor clients
- Advising on letters of request for deposition evidence in England in support of overseas proceedings.
- Acting on claims and counterclaims totalling up to £400m arising from allegations of breach of an oral agreement involving tracing claims into misappropriated trust assets and satellite litigation in numerous jurisdictions.
- An unfair prejudice petition on behalf of a minority shareholder.
Mike has acted on a variety of commercial disputes including injunctions, professional negligence claims, letters of request, minority shareholder actions, group litigation claims, cross-border insolvency proceedings and insurance fraud cases.
Mike studied Law at Durham University and worked as a paralegal at Charles Russell before he started at Stewarts. His training contract at Stewarts has involved seats in Commercial Litigation, Personal Injury and Competition Litigation. He qualified as a solicitor in September 2018.
Accreditations and Memberships
Mike represents the firm at touch rugby and 5-a-side football, is a keen skier and enjoys playing for Park House Rugby Club at the weekends.