Zach’s current and previous cases of note include:
- Acting for 112 financial institutions claiming under s.90 FSMA against Tesco Plc in respect of its £263m accounting misstatements.
- Acting for one of the parties to a multi-billion dollar trusts dispute in Bermuda (trial listed to commence in April 2021).
- Advising a group of leading UK high street retailers in relation to claims against Visa and Mastercard arising from alleged breaches of EU and domestic competition law in relation to interchange fees.
- Acting for an Indian conglomerate regarding its repayment obligations under a syndicated facility agreement.
- Advising a large Australian business group in relation to a contractual dispute with its clearing house.
- Acting for a global sugar refinery based in America in relation to a dispute arising from the acquisition of its European business.
- Advising a large French bank in relation to its insurance claim in respect of $500m worth of gold bullion.
Zach has a broad range of experience having previously advised on contractual/breach of warranty claims, fraud cases, conflict of law disputes, professional negligence and insurance claims, securities claims, trusts disputes and competition law matters. Zach has also acted on several regulatory matters and internal investigations for both companies and individuals.
Zach joined Stewarts in November 2015. Before that, Zach worked for a magic circle law firm for over seven years (having trained and qualified there).
Accreditations and Memberships
London Solicitors Litigation Association.
Zach is an all-round keen sportsman and particularly enjoys golf (playing to a handicap of 5) and football (less playing nowadays but still watching his beloved Leicester City).