Andrew has advised state entities, government bodies, public and private companies, and HNWIs across a broad range of sectors including aerospace, digital, energy, financial services, manufacturing, retail and consumer, and utilities.
Andrew specialises in managing risk in IT projects that have run into difficulty, defending software under licensing claims, and helping clients defend claims based on loopholes / errors in the software or code. Andrew’s practice also includes advising on complex international fraud matters and asset tracing issues, in multiple jurisdictions.
As a commercial litigator, Andrew has also successfully dealt with a myriad of contractual disputes relating to the supply of goods and/or services, breach of warranty claims, and partnership/shareholder disputes.
- Advising on a multi-party, multi-jurisdictional fraud claim worth c.$1bn, involving allegations of corruption and parallel criminal proceedings.
- Defending multi-million pound software under licensing claims brought by major software suppliers. Acted for Diageo in the leading case in this area (SAP v Diageo ).
- Advising major organisations in relation to suppliers’ failed implementation of IT systems, including Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and e-commerce websites.
- A yearlong secondment at Rolls-Royce plc, assisting the inhouse legal team in dealing with a variety of contractual matters in the aerospace sector.
- Advising an energy supplier in a Judicial Review, which concerned a challenge to a decision to amend the charging methodology of the electricity transmission system (ie the National Grid).
Andrew qualified in 2012 and after five years with Addleshaw Goddard, he joined Stewarts’ Commercial Litigation team in 2020.
Clients have said that Andrew “offered first class advice” and it “felt like we had our own personal lawyer”. Clients have also described Andrew as being “a real asset” and “a pleasure to work with”.
Accreditations and Memberships
Andrew is a member of the Society of Computers and Law.
Publications and media
Andrew spends his spare time watching as much sport as he can, particularly football.