Debbie’s practice encompasses all aspects of family law (complex asset valuation, business interests, trusts and wealth protection structures). She advises regularly on international pre-nuptial agreements.
Debbie is known for her expertise in collaborative law, and she co-founded England’s first multi-disciplinary group of collaborative professionals (Creative Divorce).
- IR v OR  – Debbie acted for the wife, achieving an award of over £70m (exceeding the husband’s offer by over £20m). The case dealt with how wealth generated before the marriage and from the sale of a family business should be treated, as well as the enforceability of a pre-nuptial agreement.
- XW v XH  EWCA Civ 549; XW v XH  EWCA Civ 2262,  4 WLR 22 – Debbie acted for the wife who was awarded one of the highest recorded English divorce settlements by the Court of Appeal. The case dealt with issues of special contribution, privacy and foreign marital contracts. The wife was successful, exceptionally, in her application for the reporting restrictions order granted in the High Court to be maintained in the Court of Appeal.
- HRH Prince Louis v HRH Princess Tessy – Debbie acted for HRH Prince Louis of Luxembourg in the successful application for a reporting restrictions order relating to family proceedings.
- Debbie is ranked in Band 1 in both Chambers and The Legal 500 and Top Flight in Spears. She has previously been awarded Family Lawyer of the Year by Spears and regularly features in the Tatler Address Book.
- “An expert in hard-fought matrimonial litigation,” with “a strong reputation as a collaborative lawyer. She can see solutions others can’t.” (Chambers)
- “Truly excellent inspiring client-care with really solid legal analysis and a completely unstuffy approach steeped in commercial reality.” (CityWealth)
- Chambers High Net Worth: “She’s immensely knowledgeable, extremely organised and nothing phases her. She is always enthusiastic, always thinking of the best interests of her clients and she’s hugely pragmatic.”
Debbie graduated from Oxford University (Jurisprudence).
Accreditations and Memberships
- International Academy of Family Lawyers
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
Publications and Media
Away from work, Debbie offers her support as Chair of Governors to an independent school for girls.