Lewis has been involved in family law cases in both the High Court and the Court of Appeal. He has experience in all areas of family law and has advised and assisted on complex financial settlements, cohabitation disputes, child arrangements (including international relocation) and Family Law Act injunctions. He has assisted on a number of interim applications such as orders for legal services and interim maintenance. He has recent experience of private FDRs (Financial Directions Appointments).
- The Legal 500 2022 – “Rising Star”
- The Legal 500 2021 – “Rising Star”
- The Legal 500 2020 – “Rising Star”. The directory notes that “Lewis Powers is bright and is on the up. He is efficient, hardworking and will go far.”
- Lewis assisted on the landmark financial case of Sharp v Sharp  EWCA Civ 408, concerning the correct approach when dividing wealth in short and dual career marriages
- Lewis recently acted for the applicant father in an international relocation matter and has represented the respondent in Hague Convention proceedings (international child abduction)
Lewis graduated from Queen Mary University of London in 2013 with an LLB (Hons) degree. He completed his LPC at the University of Law, Bloomsbury (Distinction) and trained at a Legal 500-ranked London family law firm. Lewis joined Stewarts in May 2020.
Accreditations and memberships
- Member of Resolution
- Current Chair of LAGLA (LGBTQ+ Lawyers Association)
Lewis is actively involved in work within the LGBTQ+ community. He enjoys music festivals and long country walks.