Lorraine’s experience includes:
- Acted for the liquidators of three venture capital trusts investigating allegations concerning the former manager and liquidators of the companies
- Acted for 313 institutional investors in the group litigation against RBS regarding its 2008 £12bn rights issue
- Advising a leading UK FinTech company in relation to various disputes including a potential multi-investor claim
- Advising a world leading asset finance software company in relation to a shareholder dispute
- Advising on a series of high-value contractual disputes with major banks and companies in respect of the misuse of core computer systems
- Advised a major tobacco company on the judicial review of the decision to introduce plain packaging of tobacco products and in relation to its challenge of the EU Tobacco Products Directive II
- Advised on a number of high-value multiparty private competition follow-on damages actions in the High Court representing various global enterprises including a major oil and gas company
- Acted on a large-scale multi-jurisdictional bribery and corruption investigation
- Acted on high-profile professional negligence claim in the Commercial Court ranked as one of the Lawyer’s Top 20 cases of 2014
Lorraine specialises in general commercial disputes and has experience in a wide range of high- value contentious matters including banking and financial services litigation, fraud, shareholder disputes, insolvency, competition damages actions, judicial review, professional negligence, partnership disputes, and bribery and corruption. She also has experience in mediation, arbitration and expert determination.
Lorraine trained at Ashurst LLP, qualifying in March 2010. She worked in Ashurst’s general commercial litigation team until October 2015, when she joined Stewarts.
Lorraine has written her career story and experience of Stewarts for our careers section, you can view her story here.
- The Lawyer: Women and the Pandemic: has the conversation changed? (8 March 2021)
- International Comparative Legal Guide to Class & Group Actions 2015: Competition Law Private Actions in England & Wales: Access to Collective Redress & Plans to Reform
- International Comparative Legal Guide to Competition Litigation 2015: England & Wales
- The Private Competition Enforcement Review (6th Edition): European Private Enforcement: The Defendant’s Perspective (Chapter 2)
- International Comparative Legal Guide to Class & Group Actions 2013: Competition Law Private Actions in England & Wales: Access to Collective Redress & Plans to Reform
- Contributed to the UK Government’s consultation on reforming private actions in competition law (2012)
- The Training Contract & Pupillage Handbook 2012: Solicitor Practice Areas – Commercial Litigation
Legal 500 2020 commends Lorraine as “a star”, praising her as being “fantastic with clients” and someone who “works incredibly hard”. She is described as being “a key person to have on the team”. She is recognised as a key lawyer in the Commercial Litigation, Banking Litigation and Civil Fraud areas.
Lorraine’s interests include the outdoors, music, reading, yoga and spending time with her family. Lorraine is also passionate about promoting access to the legal profession and mentors a number of junior lawyers across the City.