Lucy acts for a broad range of high-profile individuals and their spouses and partners. Lucy’s focus is on multi-jurisdictional financial disputes; she also has particular experience in disputes involving assets held in trust. Legal 500 has recognised Lucy’s ‘”encyclopaedic knowledge” of complex matrimonial finances involving trust assets.’
Due to the nature of her clients and the complex litigation in which they are involved, many of Lucy’s cases have involved issues arising at the intersection of family and media law. Her cases regularly involve complex business structures and valuation issues; Lucy also works on cases involving significant art collections.
Having practised for two years in Hong Kong, Lucy has considerable international experience. Lucy is regularly instructed in the preparation of nuptial agreements and, as a French speaker, has particular experience in preparing agreements in conjunction with French lawyers as well as across other jurisdictions.
- ARQ v YAQ  EWFC 128, representing the husband in a matter concerning the treatment of significant pre-marital wealth and the legal definition of matrimonial property
- RJ v Tigipko EWHC 448 (Fam), concerning reporting restrictions, international child abduction and third party joinder in family proceedings
- ND v SD & Ors EWHC 1507 (Fam), an international trust case where Lucy defended the husband against allegations of a sham trust
- Tchenguiz v Imerman EWCA Civ 908, concerning confidential information and disclosure in family proceedings
Lucy was ranked as an ‘Up and Coming’ Partner in Chambers & Partners HNW 2022 who recorded that she is “one of the best junior lawyers in the market right now”; “She is really thoughtful, analytical and on top of everything. She has fantastic ideas and very good judgement.”; “She is a very intellectual lawyer and vastly pragmatic.”
Her other accolades include:
- Recommended lawyer in Spears 2019-2023.
- Rising Leader in Private Client Global Elite 2022 and 2023.
- Named ‘Wealth Professional of the Year’ at the 2019 Citywealth Magic Circle Awards
- Winner of the ‘Future Leader in Private Client’ award at the Spear’s Wealth Management Awards 2018.
Lucy graduated from University College London in 2007 and trained and qualified (2011) at Withers in London, subsequently working in the firm’s Hong Kong office. She joined Stewarts in January 2014 and made partner in 2021.
Accreditations and Memberships
Lucy is a member of Resolution and for a number of years sat on the London Resolution Committee and Resolution’s Regional Liaison Committee as the London representative.
Publications and Media
Lucy regularly speaks and writes articles on family law matters including The Times Radio, the FT and Stylist magazine amongst others. She was recently featured in Spear’s’ ‘leading family lawyers on the future of HNW divorce’.
A selection of Lucy’s articles include:
- Family court makes interim order despite financial remedy proceedings being stayed
- How will divorce valuations be affected by Covid-19?
Lucy has presented to the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers on protecting personal injury awards from family law claims.
Having originally trained as a dancer, outside of the office Lucy tries to make it to Sadlers Wells as much as her young daughter allows. She can otherwise be found at the Tate or the RA (daughter in tow), or doing something energetic in east London or up a hill in Scotland.