Sophie advises clients on all aspects of family law, with a particular focus on financial issues arising on divorce and the arrangements for children after parents separate.
Sophie’s financial cases frequently have an international dimension, often involving trusts, inherited wealth or family businesses with complex issues of valuation. Her clients include entrepreneurs, business owners, celebrities, City professionals, and their spouses/partners.
Sophie also has a leading practice in children cases, advising clients in respect of the arrangements for children following separation, disputes in relation to key decisions affecting children (to include parentage, the exercise of parental responsibility, schooling, change of name) and applications by one parent to relocate abroad.
- Representing the husband in highly contested financial proceedings, involving a web of off-shore trust and corporate assets, requiring asset tracing and expert tax and valuation advice
- Advising the wife upon divorce following a long marriage with a diverse portfolio of marital and non-marital assets (family businesses, commercial and residential property and a collection of vintage cars)
- Representing a highly vulnerable spouse following a short marriage involving physical and emotional abuse, where all the assets were held in off-shore trusts
- Representing a father who successfully sought orders in relation to shared care, schooling and change of name, following a psychological report on the mother
- Representing the father in the landmark international relocation case of C v D  EWHC 335 (Fam)
Sophie is recognised in the legal directories and in Spear’s 500:
- Chambers recognises Sophie as a “rising star” who is acknowledged to be “really hard working, driven and dedicated to her clients”.
- Spear’s acknowledges the “constructive approach” which Sophie brings to all aspects of family law, “supporting her clients through the divorce or separation process… with pragmatism and sensitivity”.
Sophie graduated from Cambridge University (French, German and Law). She joined Stewarts in 2017, after nine years at Withers.
Accreditations and Memberships
Sophie is a Member of Resolution and the Association of Lawyers for Children.
Publications and Media
Sophie is a regular contributor of articles to legal publications and the wider media. Recent articles and appearances include:
Sophie is mum to two young daughters.