Stuart’s experience includes:
- Conducting cartel litigation, including working on the Arcadia v MasterCard interchange fee litigation
- Acting for the claimant on a £60m insurance claim dispute
- Defending a multimillion pound HMRC investigation
- Advising on a multimillion pound claim regarding a mis-sold energy contract
- Successfully assisting a public sector organisation with a £125m planning application/compulsory purchase order
- Conducting cartel damages litigation for breaches of EU Competition law, including in relation to cartels concerning Trucks, interchange fees, DRAMs, CRTs, LCDs and Refrigeration Compressors
Stuart has competition and commercial litigation experience both in house and in private practice, frequently working on cases featuring in The Lawyer’s top 20 cases.
Stuart has particular expertise in the energy industry, having previously worked in house for Engie where he led a £120m breach of warranty claim against two major banks.
Stuart joined Stewarts in 2011, having previously worked in house for Engie dealing with high-value commercial litigation. He was promoted to partner at Stewarts in 2018.
Articles written by Stuart have featured in the FT Adviser, The Lawyer, Solicitors Journal, Accountancy Age and Global Banking & Finance Review.
Stuart enjoys running, coaching swimming and skiing.