Prior to taking charge of business development and marketing, Stuart was a practising personal injury and aviation lawyer. Stuart acted for claimants in UK and international aviation cases and has expertise in high-value and complex personal injury and fatal accident claims. He has been involved in a number of high-profile trials in London as well as cases in the United States and Europe.
As a lawyer, Stuart was top ranked within Chambers and was noted as a leading litigator in The Legal 500. Chambers noted that he “deals with incredibly complex, high-value cases”.
Case highlights include:
- Representation of passengers injured following the crash landing of BA038 at Heathrow in January 2008
- Representation of victims of Ladbroke Grove rail accident including resolution of the largest fatal accident claim
- Representation of the estate of Richard Lloyd, a well known racing driver and team manager following an air crash at Biggin Hill.
Stuart qualified as a solicitor in 1996 and joined Stewarts in 1998. He was appointed as a partner and the Head of Business Development and Marketing at the firm in 2000.
Accreditations and Memberships
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (Fellow)
- The American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- PEOPIL (Pan European organisation of Personal Injury Lawyers)
Stuart lives in London, is married to Lucy and has three daughters. He plays football and runs marathons – two so far.