Voirrey’s expertise is resolving complex financial claims arising on family breakdown, acting for a broad range of high net worth and high-profile individuals and their spouses and partners, and relevant third parties (such as trustees, companies or related individuals). Voirrey’s cases often involve intricate trust and/or corporate structures, private equity assets and art collections, and usually have an international element.
Voirrey regularly advises upon the negotiation of nuptial and other relationship agreements and acts on cases involving the enforcement of such agreements.
Voirrey also regularly advises upon the resolution of arrangements for children.
Voirrey is known for being an effective litigator, with a strategic and commercial eye on achieving the best possible result for her clients. She also operates with compassion and in a collaborative way. Voirrey is a qualified Collaborative Lawyer and has successfully resolved a number of cases through the Collaborative Law process.
- Cherwayko v Cherwayko  EWHC 4252 – acted for wife in case where the High Court made a suspended committal order for breach of a disclosure order by the husband.
- Baker v Baker  EWFC 15 – acted for wife in successful application for maintenance pending suit (MPS), in which Mr Justice Mostyn considered the approach to be taken by a court when considering an application for MPS and in particular the issue of where the paying party has not provided satisfactory disclosure of explanation of their financial position.
- ARQ v YAQ  EWFC 128 – representing the husband in a matter concerning the treatment of significant pre-marital wealth and the legal definition of matrimonial property.
After joining Stewarts as a paralegal, Voirrey completed a training contract at the firm and qualified in 2011.
Accreditations and Memberships
- Voirrey is a member of Resolution (formerly the Solicitors Family Law Association) and sits on Resolution’s Cohabitation Committee
- Voirrey is a qualified Collaborative Family Lawyer
Publications and Media
Voirrey regular writes articles on family law matters, a selection of which include:
Voirrey spends much of a spare time enjoying a variety of sports including netball, skiing and cycling, in 2018 completing a London to Paris cycle in memory of Stewarts partner Danny Turnbull.