Warren has particular experience in acting for claimants who have suffered injuries of the utmost severity, particularly brain, spinal cord and complex orthopaedic injuries.
Warren is described in Chambers (2019) as being “great with clients and very compassionate”and in 2018 “down-to-earth” and “excellent” solicitor who “shows his ability and willingness to work hard.” He acts on a variety of catastrophic injury cases, including claims arising from RTAs, employers’ liability and horse-riding accidents.
The Legal 500 2018 singles Warren out “for his ‘charm, sheer tenacity and attention to detail’ and in 2017 commented he “has that great knack of managing to avoid difficulties and get an excellent result even in the most difficult cases. Maxwell recently acted for a claimant who sustained a spinal cord injury when he fell from ladders while cleaning gutters at the defendant’s premises.”
Warren recently recovered £14M for a 17 year-old female who sustained a brain injury after she was run down when aged 5.
He acted for the claimant in Housley v Christiansen LTLPI 6/1/2010 where damages to pay for a light aircraft and associated costs, (including the cost of renting accommodation with attached airstrip), were recovered by a flying instructor who was unable to continue teaching as a result of his injuries.
He was also the claimant’s solicitor in Cheung v Zhu (t/a Yang Sing Fish and Chip)  EWHC 2913 (QB): an employer’s liability action where the claimant sustained a spinal cord injury, which is now often cited in ‘slip/trip’ cases.
- First Bn Coldstream Guards 1988-1993;
- Legal department of the GMB Trade Union 1993-1996;
- Eagle Star Insurance (later Zurich) 1996-1999;
- Trained Gorman Hamilton; qualified 2002; Gorman Hamilton Solicitors 1999-2007;
- Watson Burton LLP 2007-2008
- Assistant Solicitor Stewarts 2007-2009; Associate Solicitor Stewarts 2009-2011; Senior Associate Stewarts 2011-2014; Partner Stewarts 2014 to date.
Accreditations and Memberships
- APIL accredited Spinal Cord Injury Specialist
- APIL accredited Brain Injury Specialist
- APIL accredited Senior Litigator
- Member of the APIL Military Claims Special Interest Group
- Secretary Headway Forces Support Group
Warren enjoys spending time with his family as well as skiing and surfing when the weather and his family permit.