Warren has significant experience in acting for child and adult claimants who have suffered injuries of the utmost severity, particularly brain, spinal cord, burns, amputations and complex orthopaedic injuries.
Warren is described in Chambers 2021 as being “well versed in cases involving serious injuries arising from workplace incidents and RTAs.” In 2019 he was noted for being “great with clients and very compassionate” and in 2018 as a “down-to-earth” and “excellent” solicitor who “shows his ability and willingness to work hard.” Warren is ranked in Chambers as a Band 2 lawyer.
In 2021 The Legal 500 singled Warren out as being “wonderful with clients, respected by his opponents and very much one to watch.” He was ranked as ‘key lawyer’ in 2019 and in 2018 noted “for his ‘charm, sheer tenacity and attention to detail”. In 2017 it was commented he “has that great knack of managing to avoid difficulties and get an excellent result even in the most difficult cases.”
Warren recently recovered £14M for a 17 year-old female who sustained a brain injury after she was run down when aged 5.
He acted for the claimant in Housley v Christiansen LTLPI 6/1/2010 where damages to pay for a light aircraft and associated costs, (including the cost of renting accommodation with attached airstrip), were recovered by a flying instructor who was unable to continue teaching as a result of his injuries.
He was also the claimant’s solicitor in Cheung v Zhu (t/a Yang Sing Fish and Chip)  EWHC 2913 (QB): an employer’s liability action where the claimant sustained a spinal cord injury, which is now often cited in ‘slip/trip’ cases.
- First Bn Coldstream Guards 1988-1993;
- Legal department of the GMB Trade Union 1993-1996;
- Eagle Star Insurance (later Zurich) 1996-1999;
- Trained Gorman Hamilton; qualified 2002; Gorman Hamilton Solicitors 1999-2007;
- Watson Burton LLP 2007-2008
- Assistant Solicitor Stewarts 2007-2009; Associate Solicitor Stewarts 2009-2011; Senior Associate Stewarts 2011-2014; Partner Stewarts 2014 to date.
Accreditations and Memberships
- APIL accredited Senior Litigator
- APIL accredited spinal cord injury specialist
- APIL accredited brain injury specialist
- Law Society Personal Injury Panel member
- Member of the APIL Military Claims, Brain Injury and Spinal Cord Injury Special Interest Groups
Warren enjoys spending time with his family as well as skiing and surfing when the weather and his family permit.