Supporting ‘Travel Aware’ campaign
As a key travel industry partner we support the UK Government’s ‘Travel Aware’ Campaign, which aims to help British nationals stay safe overseas by providing relevant and necessary travel advice.
- Take out appropriate travel insurance before travelling and make sure it covers you for all the activities you want to do.
- If you are travelling within Europe, ensure you have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) that hasn’t expired and understand what it covers – you still need full travel insurance though. For your free EHIC card visit www.nhs.uk/ehic.
- Learn about the laws, customs and entry requirements of the country you’re visiting and understand how they differ from home, check www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.
- Check your passport is valid, look after it while travelling and keep it in a safe place. Make sure you have all necessary visas.
- Make copies of important travel documents, take a picture of them and/or store them online using a secure data storage site.
- Research vaccinations or any other medical requirements, and if necessary visit a travel health clinic or your GP at least six weeks before you travel, visit travelhealthpro.org.uk.
- Tell someone where you’re going and leave emergency contact details.
- Take enough money with you and have access to emergency funds.
- Understand what consular staff can and can’t do to help British nationals travelling overseas. Find and store the telephone number for the British Consulate in the country you’re travelling to.