Charlotte specialises in personal injury litigation for those who have suffered life changing injuries including brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, amputations, brachial plexus injuries, other serious orthopaedic injuries and accidents resulting in death.
She has been involved in a diverse range of cases including accidents abroad, aviation disasters, accidents at work, road traffic accidents and occupier’s liability claims. Charlotte is experienced at investigating all types of head of loss and maximising compensation.
- Securing significant interim funding for a 26-year-old who sustained a severe brain injury, following a road traffic accident in 2020.
- Settling the claim of a 59-year-old – who lost his right leg, above-the-knee, following a road traffic accident in 2018 – for in excess of £3.6 million.
- Settling the claim of a 33-year-old who sustained a brachial plexus injury in 2019 for £1 million.
- Acting for a 10-year-old who sustained a spinal cord injury in a road traffic accident in 2022.
- Settling a fatal accident claim for the family of a 48-year-old knocked off his bicycle in 2018.
Charlotte is part of the Personal Injury department of Stewarts, ranked number one in the Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners.
“I thank you for everything you have done for me. You were always professional, reliable, empathetic, kind, and friendly. I could not ask for a better solicitor than Charlotte Tan of Stewarts and I am so pleased with what she has achieved for me. I can totally recommend her without hesitation.” JF
Charlotte studied law at UEA. She joined Stewarts in 2007 as a paralegal in the Aviation department. Charlotte passed her LPC with distinction, after studying part-time. Charlotte has been a member of the Personal Injury team since completing her training contract at Stewarts. Between 2015 and 2016, she was Head of the Pro Bono Team.
Accreditations and Memberships
Charlotte is a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) and is an APIL Accredited Senior Litigator.
Publications and Media
Charlotte is captain of the Stewarts netball team and also a Diversity Champion for disability and social mobility. She enjoys reading, the odd cryptic crossword and spending time with her young family.