- Acted in SAAMCO v York Montague, the leading House of Lords authority for the assessment of damages in professional negligence cases
- Acted in TMSF v Demirel, the leading Privy Council authority on executing judgment against trust funds and appointment of receivers in aid of execution
- Represented Oceanbulk Trading in its action against TMT Asia: a leading Supreme Court (House of Lords) authority on the interpretation of the ‘without prejudice’ rule
- Acted in Lomas v JFB Firth Rixson (Court of Appeal) the leading authority on ISDA interpretation of ‘loss’
- Acted in Britannia Bulk v Bulk Trading and Marine Trade v PFF as the leading advisor to significant counterparties in swap agreements
David’s experience includes advising clients on asset recoveries, enforcement proceedings, funds disputes, security enforcement and judicial review. He has expertise in cases involving money laundering and other regulatory issues including capital market products, enforcement of bond structures, swaps and derivatives products. He was previously contributing editor to Butterworths Money Laundering Law.
David joined Stewarts in June 2017 having previously worked as a partner at Dechert LLP. Prior to Dechert LLP David was Head of Banking and Finance Litigation at Berwin Leighton Paisner and DLA Piper.
Accreditations and Memberships
- Law Society
- Institute of Money Laundering Prevention Officers
David is a football fan and wine lover but spends most of his weekends ferrying children to parties.