Hugo’s expertise is in securities litigation, banking and financial services litigation, and multi-jurisdictional and international disputes.
He has experience of acting for claimants and defendants, representing both corporate entities and high net worth individuals, in the UK and overseas.
High-profile disputes Hugo has worked on include:
- Acting for 100+ institutional investors who have brought claims of compensation for more than £100m against Tesco PLC in connection with its accounting irregularities.
- Acting for a group of leading UK high street retailers in relation to multimillion pound interchange fees claims against Visa and MasterCard.
- Acting for a global electronics company against manufacturers of CRT and LCD screens
- Acting for groups of investors in film schemes claims against the promoters of those schemes as well as intermediaries
Hugo completed his LLB Law (Hons) in 2014. He then completed his Legal Practice Course in 2015. In 2016, Hugo joined Stewarts as a paralegal, becoming a trainee solicitor in 2018. Hugo qualified as a solicitor in September 2020.
Accreditations and Memberships
- Member of the Mansfield Law Society
- University of Law Alumni
- Member of Amnesty International
Hugo is the Captain of Stewarts’ 5-a-side football team and plays 11-a-side football at the weekends. He is also a keen skier and surfer.
Hugo completed at the end of July 2018 a London to Paris charity bike ride, in memory of late Stewarts’ partner Danny Turnbull.