Katherine is an expert in advising clients with serious injuries, she assists them in recovering damages which will help them to rebuild and move forward with their lives. She has also handled fatal accident claims where a loved one has died as a result of negligent medical treatment. Katherine has experience of advising families in birth injury claims and has a particular interest in cases involving brain injuries caused by stroke.
Katherine has exclusively advised in medical negligence claims since qualifying in 2009. She was promoted to Associate at Stewarts in 2015. She is a member of Stewarts’ clinical negligence department in London, which is top rated in The Legal 500 directory.
Katherine’s experience includes:
- Advising the family of a man who had sustained a severe brain injury as a result of a delay in diagnosis. Despite a long and robust defence of the claim, a multimillion pound settlement was achieved to assist in improving his quality of life, specifically to put place the care and assistance he required as a result of his injury.
- Success in a claim involving a neurological spinal injury caused by mobilisation in hospital after a fracture, and in a case involving a severe pressure sore.
- Winning a High Court liability trial in April 2018 where the Claimant sustained a spinal cord injury as a result of a suspected post-operative haematoma.
- Achieving a 7 figure settlement for a client who sustained a spinal cord injury following the administration of spinal anaesthesia.
Katherine worked at Irwin Mitchell solicitors for four years, joining their clinical negligence department after completing her training contract at Penningtons. Katherine then joined Stewarts, becaming a Senior Associate in 2018.
Accreditations and Memberships
- Member of APIL (Association of Personal Injury Lawyers)
- Member of AvMA (Action against Medical Accidents)
Katherine enjoys sport, particularly hockey, running and pilates. She was a member of the Spencer Hockey Club in South London until the birth of her son in 2016. Katherine is a novice triathlete and hopes to compete in further triathlons and marathons in the future. She has completed the London and Paris marathons and would love to do the New York marathon.
Katherine also enjoys travelling and skiing. When time allows, she likes to cook and has a budding interest in wine.