Lucy has a wide experience of private family law matters. She frequently assists on high-value financial disputes, often involving extensive business interests, inherited wealth and an international element.
Lucy also has expertise acting for parents in highly complex children disputes and works to resolve arrangements for children, including where one parent wishes to relocate either within the UK or internationally.
On the non-contentious side, Lucy regularly advises clients in relation to pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements.
- Advised on multiple financial applications, including assisting clients to trace their former spouse’s assets
- Helped to resolve arrangements relating to children, which has included representing a father in his successful application to increase the amount of time he spent with the children
- Worked to assist victims of domestic abuse seeking a remedy under the Family Law Act 1996, which has included helping a mother obtain a court order that removed the father from the family home
Lucy graduated in 2013 from Durham University with a first class honours degree in Psychology. Following a law conversion course and the LPC at BBP Law School, Lucy completed her training contract at Simmons & Simmons. She moved to Alexiou Fisher Philipps upon qualification in September 2018 and joined Stewarts in August 2020.
Accreditations and memberships
Lucy is a member of Resolution.
Publications and media
Lucy has written several articles for Class Legal as follows:
- Domestic abuse and COVID-19: how the pandemic has put a spotlight on an existing epidemic (May 2020)
- Mind the prenup potholes (June 2020)
Lucy also co-wrote an article for LexisNexis’s Family Law Journal (May 2019): Barder is alive and kicking: practitioners should not be put off by Vince and Wyatt where the Barder limbs are not met
Lucy enjoys walking and cycling.