Lucy advises on financial claims upon divorce for high net worth individuals. She has experience in negotiating pre-nuptial agreements, often in relation to complex family trust structures. She also works to resolve arrangements relating to children, including situations in which one parent applies to relocate with a child to another country (or to another part of the same country).
- Lucy has advised on multiple financial applications, which has included assisting clients to trace their former spouse’s assets
- Lucy has helped to resolve arrangements relating to children, which has included representing a father in his successful application to increase the amount of time he spent with the children
- Lucy has worked to assist victims of domestic abuse seeking a remedy under the Family Law Act 1996, which has included helping a mother obtain a court order that removed the father from the family home
- Lucy has negotiated complex pre-nuptial agreements. For example, she drafted an agreement for a financially stronger party which protected his extensive family wealth
Lucy graduated in 2013 from Durham University with a first class honours degree in psychology. Having completed a law conversion and the LPC at BBP Law School (achieving a distinction in both courses), Lucy did her training contract at Simmons & Simmons. She moved to Alexiou Fisher Philipps upon qualification in September 2018 and joined Stewarts in August 2020.
Accreditations and memberships
Lucy is a member of Resolution.
Publications and media
Lucy has written several articles for Class Legal as follows:
- Domestic abuse and COVID-19: how the pandemic has put a spotlight on an existing epidemic (May 2020)
- Mind the prenup potholes (June 2020)
Lucy also co-wrote an article for LexisNexis’s Family Law Journal (May 2019): Barder is alive and kicking: practitioners should not be put off by Vince and Wyatt where the Barder limbs are not met
Lucy enjoys baking and seeking out new restaurants. She likes cycling and travelling and is happiest when combining the two.