Lucy’s clients include institutional investors and financial institutions, corporates, high net worth individuals and sovereign wealth funds.
Her experience covers complicated multiparty cases (including group litigation) in relation to mis-selling of complex financial products, s90 FSMA, professional negligence, breach of contract and fraud. With experience acting for and against banks, Lucy is able to anticipate opponents’ strategy. Her work often involves multi-jurisdictional issues.
A selection of Lucy’s key cases include:
- Acting for 313 institutional investors in the first group securities litigation of its kind in England in a claim against RBS regarding its 2008 rights issue.
- Acting for Portigon AG (a legacy entity of WestLB) against RBS in a claim for breach of contract, negligence and misrepresentation in relation to CPDO notes.
- Acting for the investment authority of Ras Al Khaimah (RAKIA) in a claim against a businessman for fraudulent misrepresentation, conspiracy and breach of contract and defending allegations of hacking and abuse of process.
- Acting for RAKIA in RAKIA (& Ors) v Bestfort Development LLP (& Ors)  EWCA Civ 1014, in which the Court of Appeal clarified the test required for the existence of assets in an application for a worldwide freezing order.
- Acting for an IT services company in a contractual dispute.
- Acting for 83 bankers in a successful claim against Dresdner Kleinwort and Commerzbank over unpaid bonuses (Attrill & others v Dresdner Kleinwort and Commerzbank  EWHC 1189 (QB)).
- Acting for the successful defendant in a claim relating to an alleged written agreement (Gaydamak v Leviev  EWHC 1740 (Ch)).
Lucy was the lead partner in one of The Lawyer’s top 20 cases for 2020 and is described as a “heavy hitter”. She is highly rated in the Legal 500 and ranked as a “Next Generation Partner”.
Lucy joined Stewarts in 2011, having previously trained and worked at Freshfields. She has been a partner at Stewarts since 2018.
Lucy enjoys skiing, exploring new cities, spending time with her two children and good food.