Lydia has acted on a variety of commercial disputes including injunctions, professional negligence claims, intellectual property disputes and complex fraud cases. Lydia has gained good trial exposure in both injury and commercial litigation, attending both the High Court and the Court of Appeal on a variety of cases.
Lydia’s experience includes:
- Assisting with a multibillion pound claim and subsequent appeal, acting for major UK retailers against Visa and MasterCard
- Assisting with a large multi-jurisdictional commercial fraud and corruption case, which involved parallel criminal proceedings
- Acting for the defendant in a highly contentious passing off and misuse of confidential information claim involving multiple application and injunctions
- Winning a High Court trial for the claimant in Crossman v St George’s Healthcare Trust, which involved complex consent arguments
- Working on a number of catastrophic spinal and brain injuries claims resulting from medical negligence
Lydia studied English and Film at Exeter University before completing the GDL and LPC at The University of Law, Moorgate with distinction. Lydia started at Stewarts in 2016 and has worked as a paralegal in the Clinical Negligence, Competition and Commercial Litigation departments before commencing her training contract in 2018.
Accreditations and Memberships
Junior Lawyers Division, The Law Society
Lydia enjoys a variety of sports including skiing, netball and horse riding. Lydia runs regularly and enjoys participating in 10k races and half marathons. In 2017, she participated in the Royal Parks Half Marathon to raise money for the Back-up Trust.
Lydia has previously worked in production and theatre as well as performing at the RSC and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.