Lydia has experience in all areas of family law, including complex financial cases, child arrangements, Family Law Act matters and pre-nuptial agreements. She has been involved in high value cases with complicated company structures, international tax elements and asset tracing, as well as orders for interim maintenance and legal funding.
As a trainee at Stewarts Lydia undertook seats in Divorce and Family, Pro Bono and Commercial Litigation, and has been involved in high profile matters in both the High Court and Court of Appeal for domestic and international clients.
Lydia’s previous experience includes:
- Assisting with a multibillion pound claim and subsequent appeal, acting for major UK retailers against Visa and MasterCard
- Assisting with a large multi-jurisdictional commercial fraud and corruption case, which involved parallel criminal proceedings
- Acting for the defendant in a highly contentious passing off and misuse of confidential information claim involving multiple application and injunctions
- Winning a High Court trial for the claimant in Crossman v St George’s Healthcare Trust, which involved complex consent arguments
- Working on a number of catastrophic spinal and brain injuries claims resulting from medical negligence
Lydia studied English and Film at Exeter University before completing the GDL and LPC at The University of Law, Moorgate with distinction. Lydia started at Stewarts in 2016 and has worked as a paralegal in the Clinical Negligence, Competition and Commercial Litigation departments before commencing her training contract in 2018. Lydia qualified in September 2020.
Accreditations and Memberships
- Junior Lawyers Division, The Law Society
Lydia enjoys a variety of sports including skiing, netball and horse riding, and can often be found running various routes around London. Lydia has previously worked in production and theatre as well as performing at the RSC and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.